PSL negotiation skills training is as much about the psychology of negotiating as it is the strategies and tactics that you will be able to deal with and deploy.
Challenges your negotiators may face
Not being trained or having up-to-date skills, strategies and tactics is a challenge in itself, especially when the other side are ahead of the game.
People can often find it hard to ask for advice, perhaps because of a status need, perhaps because they don’t know who to ask. We all don’t know what we don’t know – this can lead to significant risks and costs in a negotiation situation.
Providing effective training is a certain way of improving the negotiation skills in your business and your bottom line profits.
Learn how to deal with different types of negotiator
- Confrontational or non-confrontational
- Analytical or sceptical
- Competent or incompetent
- Professional or unprofessional, rational and irrational
- Honest or dishonest
- Prepared or unprepared
- Sellers or buyers
Develop your skills, tactics and strategies
- Being prepared
- Understanding the psychology in negotiating (what’s really happening)
- Negotiating with the right agenda, right people, at the right time, in the right place and environment, in the right way to improve your outcomes
- Understanding how to use different types of agreements
- Reading people and between the lines
- People skills
- Communicating with precision
- Discovering, creating and getting value
- Ways to gain influence, leverage, recognition and position
- Managing yourself and your emotions
- Building trust and rapport
- Asking the right questions
- Really understanding needs and expectations
- Separating selling and negotiating (to protect your margin)
- Recognising tricks and tactics
- Thinking critically, creatively and flexibly
- Problem solving approaches to take
- Valuable insights about persuasion
- Making and closing deals
- Quotations and proposals, how to position your offer
- Handling objections or resistance
- Calm, considerate, confident ways of negotiating
- Tools to help you plan, prepare and perform
- Ways to improve your decision making and position under pressure
- Great feedback from your team
- Your own competency framework that’s ‘tuned or built’ for your business, that your people can follow, so that they are better prepared and equipped to deal with the inevitable challenges they will face
What your business could gain
- Better trained people, following best practice, increasing results
- Reduce the cost of doing business and lost opportunities
- Invest wisely in your people and their development
- Give them tools your competitors do not have
- Retain and recognise talent for the future
- Get immediate returns on investment
- You will receive training that has been built for your business and your people.
- You will receive the skills and confidence building tools needed.
- You will gain a many times return on investment by implementing our training and tools.
- Your people will value what we deliver.
- We will be prepared and delivering a fully interactive experience.
- We will deliver practical, effective tools that your people can use now (and your managers can use to keep them practicing).
- Training for one or many people
- Free initial consultations to see if we are a good fit or not
- Carry out a pilot exercise if you wish to test us and your people
- One or two day courses (as a maximum)
- Follow-up training as part of program of development over time
- Training on site or at a location of your choice
- The options to include on-line and follow-up ways of learning
- Self-directed learning materials
For more information feel free to get in touch we are here to help.