What stops people from negotiating successfully?
- Avoiding or initiating conflict
- Communicating the wrong information
- Failing to build trust
- Lack of information and planning (winging it)
- Negotiating at the wrong time, in the wrong way, with the wrong people
- Not knowing where they are in the negotiation process
- Not knowing what they want and how to get it
- Perceived power (or feeling helpless and powerless)
- Poor closing techniques, poor anchoring techniques and a lack of documentation
- Reacting not thinking
- Wrong assumptions, people, time
Human error can be failure to follow process, failure to read instructions, failure to prepare appropriately or failure to realise that just because it worked one way yesterday doesn’t mean it will work the same way to tomorrow. The pilot never says – “I flew this plane yesterday, I don’t need to go over the checklist”. No – every flight the checklist must be completed to the letter of the law.
Do you or your people do this enough? Checklists may often be needed by both customer’s and supplier’s people to ensure everyone knows their role, responsibilities and actions needed to manage risk and achieve the desired outcomes or success.
We help people to:
- Add more value
- Create more value
- Keep more value
- Stop destroying value
Working as a partnership is key to negotiations with customers, establishing a common goal, understanding the issues and tackling each one to achieve shared learning, an agreed root cause and next steps.
Sometimes a partnership isn’t desired, this does not mean that one cannot be created.
- Understanding what matters to people and why can build trust
- Understanding an issue, what it means or how and why it happened can change opinions
- Understanding how to approach obstacles or problems, can make progress more sustainable (especially when you can then put a plan in place to prevent them from happening again)
Correct observations, controls and feedback to all parties is needed to prove your intentions are good, gain confidence and strengthen relationships.
We provide structure and tools to guide:
- Decision making
- Preparation, planning and strategies
- Reactions and responses when under pressure
- The timing of certain actions and approaches
- Ways to deal with difficult people and situations
- Ways to deal with unhelpful tactics
We were founded in 1999 and have a track record of success in serving Global Brands, Small and Large organisations.
We offer highly effective training for large and small teams.
Contact us for more information we are here to help.
Making your employees feel invested in
Demonstrating the value of a job well done
Delivering real returns on investment for your organisation
Providing the tools that can be used again and again
Training that fits your organisation, your objectives and your people