What this means.
When the buyer get involved sales people can panic. This often means quickly giving away margin or reacting in ways that destroy value in their proposition.
Many companies use their buyers to protect their interests (and rightly so). Unless your sales people are receiving helpful feedback on how well they handle these situations you can be certain that your business is losing margin and opportunities.
For these reasons some companies avoid giving their salespeople decisions about pricing and send them off to do battle under-prepared. Not because of the price, because of the lack of strategies.
Price is an easy target
Every buyer knows this and you may think that their sole aim is to attack your price. Which may be true for some, but certainly not for all.
- Do your sales people react well in this situation?
- Do they become stubborn or defensive?
- Do they give away margin quickly?
Most people tend to start negotiating too soon and to give the buyer the lead on this.
How we can help you
- Stop losing deals on price.
- Understand the buyer’s motivations from their perspective (not your assumptions).
- Learn about what sales people do that destroys the value in their deals.
- Start building more trust in your relationships with your customers or clients.
- Gain a set of rules and tools you can use to protect your margin.
- Overcome the excuses that keep sales people fixed in their thinking and where they are.
- Understand the psychology that triggers reactions that are unhelpful.
- See how your sales process undermines your price.
- Use the power of 4 to change situations to your advantage.
- Start from the position that you want to work with the buyer and they want to work with you.
- Make better financial decisions when building your deals to make more profit.
- Money is rarely the real problem.
- Is your service worthy of your price?
Working with PSL means engaging with simulations that will test your thinking and strategies, revealing opportunities that you can deploy right way.
- You will receive training that has been built for your business and your people.
- You will receive the skills and confidence building tools needed.
- You will gain a many times return on investment by implementing our training and tools.
- Your people will value what we deliver.
- We will be prepared and delivering a fully interactive experience.
- We will deliver practical, effective tools that your people can use now and your managers can use to keep them practicing.